SHOGUN ZENZYM - 250ML
SHOGUN ZENZYM - 1L
SHOGUN ZENZYM - 5L
SHOGUN ZENZYM - 10L
Suitable for all types of growing media and is suited for growers that use active hydroponics or fertigation systems. Use in conjunction with your regular nutrients. This is a bio-stimulant and is not a complete feed.
Root Feed – Add at a rate of 2.5ml/L to your watering can or reservoir and start applying as soon as you have planted out and throughout until harvest.
USE THROUGHOUT FRUITING & FLOWERING
INCREASES YIELD & CROP QUALITY
USE THROUGHOUT VEGETATIVE GROWTH
ROOTING / PROPAGATION
USE TO ESTABLISH STRONG ROOT SYSTEMS
INCREASES GROWTH EFFICIENCY & PLANT HEALTH
Zenzym is a Multi-enzyme product that immediately reinvigorates worn-out media with swift breakdown of dead root matter and other untoward residue left from previous grows. This media recycling powerhouse consists of a mixture of cellulase, xylanase, pectinase and glucanase for the breakdown of dead root material and releases nutrients for the plant while promoting root growth.
When your media is used for the full length of the growing cycle, it will undoubtedly be left with debris and old plant matter shed by that harvest. A major goal for most of our growers is to recycle their growing media. A product like Zenzym gives it a 2nd, 3rd, and 4th chance at life.
- Aids in keeping recirculating systems clean and increases life of pumps and other equipment.
- Destroys harmful organisms that live off nutrient flows to your plant, making nutrient uptake mor efficient.
- It does this by breaking the 1.4-beta linkages in glucan molecules in a process called hydrolysis. The product works a little bit like an exfoliator, removing a layer of hardened root sheath.
- A natural enzymatic formula that allows the reuse of media such as coir fibre through natural enzymes breaking down left behind bacteria.
- Designed to work between a pH of 3-6.5, perfect for hydroponic systems and rootzone, but will remain effective up to a pH of 7.
- Helps to prevent high pressure dripper blockages and pump blockages from biofilm formations.
HOW IT WORKS?
What are Enzymes? – Enzymes are organic molecules which have biological activity, they do not take part in the reaction, they only add to speed them up. They are essentially catalysts. They are proteins which have a specific shape and structure, which allows the combination with specific activation molecule. This process works like a lock and key, as many other molecules may fit into the enzyme, they will not activate them.
This product originates from Trichoderma sp and Humicola sp of fungus, and contains many impactful enzymes, here are 5 of the most important ones in the formula.
- Cellulase – Breaks down cellulose, the starchy material in plant matter, by a process known as hydrolysis. Glucose or other sugars are produced as a result.
- Xylanase – Breaks down one of the major components in plant cell walls, the polysaccharidexylan into xylose.
- Pectinase – Breaks down pectin, a polysaccharide found in plant cell walls.
- Beta glucanase – The enzyme aids in autolysis of yeast cells to release polysaccharides and mannoproteins.
- Ferulic acid esterase (Hemicellulase) – Releases Ferulic acid from cell walls. Ferulic acid aids with cell wall rigidity, acting as a crosslink between the lignin’s and polysaccharides found in lignocellulose of plant cell walls. This works best in the presences of xylanase and other enzymes.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- What is “Zenzym“?
Zenzym is a specially crafted enzyme product that is designed to give your root zone a deep clean. It consists of multiple enzymes that have different roles when breaking down dead root matter. This includes cellulase, xylanase, pectinase, beta-glucanase and hemicellulase to name a few. The division of labour between these enzymes are what makes our product so efficient at breaking down dead roots fast.
- How does it work? How is the media recycled?
It works by accelerating the break down of dead root matter. Consequently, Zenzym helps plants realise their uptake potential, by freeing up absorption sites on root surfaces. up nutrients and increases the resistance against diseases. Enzymes are substances that speed up the reactions in living organisms.
- When should I use “Zenzym“?
You can start using Zenzym from your rooting cube all the way through your vegetative growth cycle. You can continue all the way through flowering until final flush. Remember Zenzym can be used outside of the growth cycle to prepare or recondition media as well.
- Is Zenzym necessary?
It depends on your goals, if you want to reuse media, increase the life of pumps, prevent dripper blockages or prevent harmful disease it is a definitemust. Zenzym is truly one of a kind, while we believe you can still grow plants without it, if you want to achieve elite level growing yields, it is an addition that can’t be skipped.
- What is the main difference between “Zenzym” and “Katana Roots”?
Zenzym and Katana roots are 2 completely different product, while they both benefit the root zone they do so in different ways. Katana roots stimulates root growth through naturally derived biostimulant components. In contrast, Zenzyme rapidly breaks down dead root cells into beneficial sugars and minerals that will be recycled into the plant to be used as energy and nutrients. Zenzym behaves like an exfoliator it cleans up root surfaces to increase thebioavailability of the root zone
- Can this be used with organic products?
- Is there anything you can’t use it with?
Do not use this with any aggressive chemicals like hydrogen peroxide. Whille hydrogen peroxide only slows down the activity of the enzymes in our product, we suggest using them separately and not together. Also when you use it in a bubbler you will experience more foam than usual, but the product will still work.
- Does it get rid of existing disease?
Zenzym does not get rid of existing disease, it helps prevents it, The addition of the Zenzym will aid in the prevention of biofilms and the formation of harmful pathogens like pythium.
- Is Zenzym affected by PH or temperature?
Zenzym does not change the ph of your solution and It works better at lower PH’s like 5.5 instead of 6.5. Remember metabolic reactions work better under warm conditions, so slightly warmer water temperature is optimal. Too low/high a PH will denature the enzymes in the solution which is why we advise staying away from harsh chemicals.